There is so much documentation either necessary or useful for us as a new public radio station. This page will be an ongoing resource where we can consolidate our links for such stuff and not have it scattered over 35 different machines. If you run across anything that you think should be here, email us the link and a short description and we’ll see that it gets entered into the page.
While we’re putting this together for Ozcat Radio, as it grows it will become a useful resource page for other new stations. OK, here we go (in no particular order for now).
- The Basics of Music Licensing in Digital Media – A bit dry, but it covers the subject pretty well. Copyright, royalties, podcasts, streaming audio & video, downloads, sampling and “fair use”, it touches it all.
- In the Matter of Commission Policy Concerning the Noncommercial Nature of Educational Broadcasting – The wonderfully named FCC bible on the subject of underwriting.
- The Public and Broadcasting – FCC document for the public file.
- FCC FM Station Self Inspection Check List – 35 pages long, so this is a link to an FCC PDF document that is what it says there.
- San Francisco-based Record Labels – Contact info. Fairly comprehensive.
- The Changing Face of Record Promotion 2010 – A nice overview of the record and radio businesses and the interaction between them. Viewed from the viewpoint of commercial radio, but the basics are the same.